Frequently Asked Questions

What types of children do you typically work with? What are the expectations for therapy?

Our office typically does not work with students that just need basic tutoring.  We provide referrals to trusted tutors for those students. As a speech/language pathologist and reading specialist, I work with students that need specialized instruction due to a learning disability/difference, such as dyslexia or language processing disorder.  I have specialized training and experience in working with these children.  They often need intensive, systematic, and explicit instruction to remediate reading, spelling and/or language based difficulties. As part of my work with children, I also teach parents how to carry over instruction at home and send weekly review work.  The expectation of this office is that parents help their child with review work and help to reinforce the concepts and instruction taught each week during office appointments.

Where is your office located?

In Orlando, near the College Park/Ivanhoe/Mills 50 area.
Our office address is: 115 E. Marks St, Orlando, FL 32803

Do you accept insurance plans?
Our office does not bill your insurance company directly.  However, we can provide you with a "superbill" with applicable procedure and diagnosis codes for you to submit to your insurance plan for possible out of network reimbursement.  Every insurance plan is different, and some plans may contain exclusions. Please check with your specific plan to obtain additional information about reimbursement.

What other options are available to help with payment of services?

Health savings accounts (HSA) may be used to obtain reimbursement under certain conditions.  Reimbursement may also be affected by IRS guidelines.  Please check with your specific HSA plan to obtain additional information about reimbursement. 

Do I need a medical referral to receive therapy or reading services?
We do not bill insurance directly for services, so you do not need a referral.  However, you may need a doctor's written recommendation if planning an IRS deduction.

When do I pay for therapy services?
Our office requires payment at the time of service.  In certain instances, we may provide you with an invoice to be paid weekly or monthly.  

What types of payment do you accept?
We accept cash, check, or bank transfer through ZELLE.

Do you accept/bill Gardiner payments through the state of Florida?
Yes we do!

© 2000 - 2023 powered by
Doteasy Web Hosting